To ensure that information collected from our customers is managed in a confidential manner, and in strict accordance with all legislation including the Privacy Act 1988, the Queensland Information Privacy Act 2000, and any subsequent amendments/revisions.
Top Gun Mobility will only collect personal information:
- Necessary for its function or activities;
- Fairly, lawfully and not in an unreasonably intrusive way;
- Wherever reasonable and practicable, directly from the relevant individual;
- The individual is to be notified of;
- Our identify, and how to contact us;
- the fact that the individual may gain access to the information collected by us;
- the purposes for which the information is collected;
- the organisation, or the types of organisations, to which Top Gun Mobility usually discloses the information;
- any law that requires the information to be collected; and
- the main consequences for the individual if the information is not provided.
We will achieve this through development of standard data collection forms (eg Finance Application forms) that comply with all of the requirements of the Act.
Use and disclosure
Top Gun Mobility will only use or disclose personal information;
- in ways that the individual would expect;
- in ways that the individual has consented to;
- for direct marketing where:
- the information is not sensitive (for example, information about political beliefs, sexual preferences and health information);
- Top Gun Mobility has given the individual the express opportunity not to receive direct marketing communications and they have not taken up the offer;
- in ways that are required by the public interest (for example, law enforcement). If information is disclosed by Top Gun Mobility under this clause, a written note will be made on the customer file to this effect.
Top Gun Mobility will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date by regular spot checking.
Top Gun Mobility will take reasonable steps to:
- ensure the personal information it holds is kept secure and protected from misuse, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy, or permanently de-identify, personal information which is no longer required.
We will achieve this through filing of all customer related paperwork in secure, lockable filing cabinets; and recording of customer data into a password protected Customer Database that resides only on our Corporate Network. Only those who have a need to access this information will be provided access to the filing cabinets or Customer Database.
We will also ensure that customer paperwork that is awaiting processing is contained in folders, and not left lying exposed in trays or otherwise visible to other staff or visitors to Top Gun Mobility.
We will ensure that customer data is never stored on any shared network drives or folders.
Top Gun Mobility will make this Policy available to individuals upon request. It will also be published on our Web Site.
Access and correction
Top Gun Mobility will provide individuals with access to personal information about them upon request; and take reasonable steps to correct that information if it is shown that it is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date.
Top Gun Mobility will not use, or disclose, identifiers that government agencies have assigned to individuals, such as tax file numbers, except where required by law and/or where the individual has provided their consent.
Top Gun Mobility, will, wherever it is lawful and practicable, give individuals the option of not identifying themselves.
Top Gun Mobility will not transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country.
Top Gun Mobility will not collect information, or an opinion, about an individual’s:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- religious, or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a trade union, or professional association;
- sexual preferences, or practices;
- criminal record;